Pick of the Week: La Tormenta

Sounds like torture, I know right! But it’s really not. If fact I’m a regular there. Yep. It’s that good. And it’s so cheap too. I think the most expensive thing on the menu is maybe like $6.00.

Whenever I go to this authentic mexican place I usually the the carne asada taco. It’s $1.00! I’ve tried every flavor of taco and that one is my favorite. They have chicken, pork, spicy pork, cabeza, and … maybe a few more I can’t remember. You can ask for cheese and they’ll add some nice goat cheese to it too. With every order they bring out a little trio of either jalapenos and carrots, grilled onions, pico de gallo and green hot sauce. All three are usually consumed with every visit. (I will say that some people I’ve met don’t like the food there, they say it’s too greasy. I think they’re on diets. I don’t think it’s too greasy but to each his own.)

There is other good food besides taco’s. Smoothered burrito, enchilladas, chile relllenos, aguas de tamarindo, horchata, carne asada plate, a giant fish plate thing, a shirmp soup thing… other things. You can tell I don’t branch out too much there.

A good thing to know when you go there is that you pay after you eat your food. First you stand in line, order, find a seat and they bring you your food. If you want a drink refill just ask, (or like my Dad, go get it yourself. Ya he’s like BFF’s with the girls that work there).

So I think that I should create a contest. A TACO EATING CONTEST. Whoever thinks they can beat me at a taco eating contest, leave a comment. If I get enough people who would participate then maybe i’ll arrange for a contest. Yes, there will be a prize.

Thanks for reading! Don’t forget to subscribe and become less boring!