Pick of the Week: Kamin


Some friends and I went to Kamin restaurant over the weekend. I’ve never been there nor have I had Thai food recently.

Overall the experience was good. The waiters were very nice and welcoming, the atmosphere was not overwhelming (though there were quite a few people there and it was a little loud) and the food was good.

We had spring rolls and chicken skewers (I forgot the Thai name) for our appetizer. Both of which were very good. The chicken came with really good peanut sauce, and a sweet oil sauce stuff (great description- I know) that tasted good with the spring rolls. I got this stuff called Larb which was was spicy chicken and a lot of onions. The taste was totally indescribable because I’d never had anything like it. There was some mint, but other than that I couldn’t say. I like it though.

I also tried the Pad Thai, sweet noodles and chicken. Very good and classic, as well as Volcano Chicken (SEE flaming chicken PICTURE) which had a sweet taste and tasted good too.

Overall if you’re interested I think it’s worth a trip. I’ll probably go back but it honestly wasn’t my favorite thing ever. I’d give it a 3/5 stars overall due to my personal taste preferences, but a 4.5/5 for service and style.

The cool thing about Kamin is if you become a fan on their FB page and write a review they will give you a 10% coupon. So, i’ll be posting my review!